Lessons are held throughout the school year. The financial and leadership course content provides students with the knowledge and tools to be financially independent adults who can break the cycle of poverty.
CONDITIONAL CASH TRANSFERS
Students receive earnings based on good grades, attendance, and behavior at school. A minimum of 60% is held in long-term savings accounts. The remaining 40% is deposited into their checking accounts. This hands-on experience provides students the opportunity to learn how to properly use their money.
FAMILIES WE SERVE
Working together we will see all people achieve financial success!
Criteria for enrolling in The Job Foundation's program:
Qualify as low-income (receiving governmental assistance, Section 8 housing, etc.)
Attend the Waterloo School District
Children must be enrolled between kindergarten and 5th grade
The family has a goal of increased financial success and a desire to partner with The Job Foundation